Wednesday, August 24, 2011

She's Not Dead Yet

Yes, the obligatory post in which I update you as the to the happenings in my life as an excuse as to why I have not updated in a while (a while, in this case, being nearly twenty days). My main excuse is this: on the twelfth, a week after my last post, my dad and I embarked on a journey to Roanoke, VA (my current place of residence) so that I could return to Hollins University and continue my post-secondary education. I went back early because I needed to begin training to become a residence assistant (RA). We spent two days driving, I then spent a day unpacking and then five days in training, which after the weekend break wrapped up this Monday, but I still had some stuff to complete yesterday and today, so I really feel like this is the first moment I have had to myself where I have not felt the need to completely veg out. I suppose one could argue that I did have seven days to post something, however, I was dog sitting then, also trying to finish up my self assigned summer reading list (sadly, not completed), and listing and packing the things I needed to take to school with me. So...

I do believe in the course of all this taking place I have yet to have a moment to say I'm basing one of my senior thesi off of this blog. (I'm double majoring and I actually want to undertake the effort of doing two thesi [theises? I think that one is correct, but both of them are not making it past spell check], but I'm starting and sticking with this one now, and I also have a fairly well outlined idea of what I want to do for my Communications Studies thesis as well.) Another thing to give me incentive to keep the blog running is this: I found a scholarship that will give me $10,000 to submit a blog about me or things I like (/to do). (And it should be noted that this is not the only reason I continue to write my speculative writing blog. This is really an exploration for me into speculative fiction, writing, and my own style and knowledge.)

Anyway. That schedule I mentioned a few posts back. Actually going to sit down and do that now. I'll post it here tonight or tomorrow to keep myself honest. See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment